7 Nov 2013

In preparation for work trips...

Trips galore! There is a distinct time of travel at work that is required of me. And this time has now started. I am about to travel almost every other week up until the end of January and as I stated a few times before, travelling is difficult for me.

It's difficult for various reasons: time differences, long hours, tired, stressed, pressure to perform at work, unable to work out and the dreaded BUFFETS! Part of my problem is my greediness and a fear of missing out (especially on food - what if the other main course, that other dessert, that other thing is THE BEST ever and I miss out?). Anyway, travel time has started and I survived my first trip.

I have been incredibly lucky to have my guru with me on that trip. And it made all the difference. Having someone physically on a trip, who takes the time to remind me to breathe, set an intent, formulate a plan and then asks me to check in, scan my body, identify my feelings - it's been a huge help and it's giving me the confidence to feel I can deal better with the other upcoming trips.

At the moment, I am enjoying not travelling and making the most of grounding myself in a structure - and enjoying cooked breakfasts:

Fried egg with tomato and basil on a seven grain roll

Fried egg with toast and half a banana that was fried alongside the egg. The banana gets all sweet and caramelised. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment