5 Nov 2013

Sunday Roast at The Alma

Another Sunday roast and surprise surprise, it's chicken for me. The British Boy and I spent a lot of our weekends fairly separately and there comes a point, where I would quite like to see my husband for a bit.

It generally does not require lots of arm twisting, especially when the pub in question is only a 5 minute walk from our house.

The Alma is a not only a dependable choice, but also a good one. There is interesting decor, there is a good atmosphere and there is yummy food and beer and cider.
 
Behold the stag!
What I also love about the Alma is that they oftentimes put on cider or ale festivals.


The Alma - note my obsession with mustard.

My chicken: The chicken tasted exactly like I want chicken to taste like. Chicken-y. Not too dry and like a bird who spent a happy life running around a barn or yard somewhere. The yorkie was not too greasy (I don't like greasy Yorkshire puddings) and the jus was delicious. There was an ample amount of veggies, and thankfully the veg were not cooked to a mush. I declared it a success and finished my plate. We'll be back.

Chicken Roast at the Alma

No comments:

Post a Comment