12 Aug 2013

Restful Sunday

I did not do much and it felt good.

My day involved cycling to a meeting in Soho on the morning. I fuelled and nourished by body with an omelette that was filled with sautéed kale and chard from our garden, tomatoes, mushrooms and paprika.
Obligatory Sriracha sauce on top
The meeting in Soho is very close to one of my favourite coffee places - Milkbar, where I usually stop to get a coffee. This place does fabulous coffee, delicious sweet treats and a fabulous breakfast. The people behind the bar are also totally laid back, accommodating and sincere, which is rare.

On that visit, I could not resist and try one of their cookies, it is called an Afgan cookie: Chocolate with chocolate chips, cornflakes and a walnut. I paired it with fresh raspberries I got from a stall at the Islington Farmer's Market. Snack served.
Chocolate cookie and raspberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment