9 Oct 2013

Breakfasts - a selection

I love breakfast. It's my favourite meal of the day, along with lunch, dinner and snacks. It sets me off on a good start and fills me up until lunch time, especially when I get a good mix of carbs, fats and protein.

When I go to work, which is about 80% of the time, I make myself the same breakfast, day in, day out:
  • a serving of mixed cereals - rolled oats, barley flakes, buckwheat flakes, rye flakes, sometimes even quinoa or millet flakes
  • topped with some sort of yoghurt or dairy thing - Greek yoghurt, full fat goat yoghurt, home-made skim yoghurt, soy yoghurt, cottage cheese
  • seasonal fruit - oftentimes half a grapefruit and then either berries or pears or kaki or kiwi
  • a sprinkling of nuts or coconut flakes or milled seeds
  • cinnamon
On the weekend though, and when I work from home, I get a bit more adventurous. I am working from home tomorrow and just had a look through my picture library - mmh, not sure what to have for breakfast tomorrow... Here are some of my concoctions: 
French Toast

Yoghurt bowl with fruit and oats


Porridge, yoghurt and fruit


Sauteed veg, egg and soda bread

 
Omelette with salsa and soda bread

Pancakes
Egg, soldiers and cuke
Courgette pancakes with Greek yogurt

No comments:

Post a Comment