3 Oct 2013

Last week

There are times when I just feel grumpy. Actually, that's not true. Grumpy sounds jovial, like one of the Seven Dwarfs. I mean dissatisfied, with almost everything in my life. And whilst I can do the gratitude list and looking at the positives, the dissatisfaction leaks back in like filthy sewage water through the cracks of a house's foundation. What I'm trying to say is that I've got poo-water in my cellar.

I can't pinpoint it, there is something I am not at ease with, that I can't seem to accept in my life, something I want to change and because I can't really find a starting point, I don't know where to start working on it.

These are the times when food can get tricky. A snack here, another handful of something there - neither of them needed and all of them definitely having an impact on my weight. Structure and balance is what seems to work for me. I forget it sometimes and when I do adhere to it, even these 'meh' times don't impact my food. That's a good thing, because poo water in the basement is definitely a 'meh' time.

To pre-empt food hell, I have had balanced meals:

Working from home and using up produce from the garden, I make colourful salads, to use up the last of the summer abundance.

Harvest Garden Salad with Pita
Weekend breakfasts are leisurely taken before going to meetings or doing yoga and last week I had wanted to try a muffin in pancake form. I grated an apple and a carrot, mixed it with one beaten egg and two teaspoons of coconut flour, a small handful of oat flakes and a splash of milk to loosen the mixture. It looked like barely coated grated apple and carrot and I was weary whether it would work. It turned out delicious and will stay in my breakfast repertoire.

Coconut flour, apple and carrot pancakes


Apple and carrot pancakes



Winner winner chicken dinner

Roast chicken with kale and sautéed mushrooms, sage & onions

No comments:

Post a Comment