24 Feb 2013

Sun(less)day

Weather-wise, it was a grey Sunday today. Mood-wise, it was mix of sunshine and clouds with a dash of storminess.

I woke up this morning, feeling so much better than yesterday. After Friday night containing a lot of food and a few too many glasses of bubbly, I had a bad hangover that lasted all Saturday.

Thanks to my sponsor and my fellows, I stopped being a friggin' victim and got my sorry butt ouf of bed. I stuck to my plan to see a theatre play a friend of ours is directing, which was extremely moving - ended up crying openly at the end. Saturday finished on the couch under a blanket with Indian take out and knitting. I am such a high flyer - that is definitely all the excitement I can take.

Today, after an amazing breakfast of oat pancake topped with apple, pomegranate, peanut butter cinnamon drizzle and coconut, I ventured out into the cold to run to the gym and back and enjoy a Pilates class.


I feel so much better when I stay active!

Another great booster of inner contentment is reading passages that speak to me. Today, it certainly were these words from Mark Nepo's "The Book of Awaking":

"What we need is always harshly and beautifully right before us, disguised in the wrapping of our nearest urgency. We just refuse to accept this because it feels so difficult to face."
 
True dat.

No comments:

Post a Comment