4 Mar 2013

Sleepless in Seattle

Zombie in Seattle, more likely....

I went to bed at 10pm last night, trying to get myself adjusted to the time zone. Erm, yeah, that ended up being a massive fail. 4 hours later, at an ungodly 2am, I woke up, unable to fall back asleep.

My check in:

Regarding yesterday, I am thankful for a safe flight, a delicious breakfast and dinner, for not puking despite really feeling a strong want, for a hot bath and for all my friends and fellows.

Today, I am awake after 4 hours of sleep, feeling very drowsy, yet unable to sleep more. I feel guilt for my 'who cares' attitude to food last night, as I overate. I am thankful though for the support and help I now can ask for and receive from within me and outside of me. I am a commitment to balance and being very loving and kind to myself today.



I skyped with my parents, listened to voicemails and ended up at the hotel gym at 5.30am.


After a 45min elliptical session, 15min crossfit, and with the plan to do a lot of walking, I treated myself to crab cakes, poached eggs and sautéed greens at Portage Bay Cafe, which has an amazing, organic brunch menu.



I walked to a 12 step meeting, did some shopping and spent the early afternoon at Ballard Sunday Market, having a mishmash of lunch.

At the market, I got some vegetable hash, made of beets, kale & carrots.




The main attraction for me though was not the market itself, but the Great Harvest Bread Co. in Ballard. I am an avid reader of Kath's and have been salivating over her gorgeous photos for more than a year now. Whenever she describes the bread, I wonder of my imagination and the reality match. Living in London makes coming by Great Harvest bread slightly difficult, so I could not pass up the opportunity to try it.



It was effing amazing. Would I not stay here for another week, I'd have bought a loaf of that amazing whole wheat with seeds to take home to the UK. In lieu of that, I ended up buying the pepita sun seed nutbutter, which is also pretty darn scoffable.

Now, I have to get my tired butt out again. Some of my friends are coming to downtown Seattle to celebrate my birthday with me. I shall see how long I last.

No comments:

Post a Comment