3 Mar 2013

Whole food in Seattle

I am currently in a bed in a hotel in Seattle. Exhausted, trying to force myself to stay awake to minimise the effects of jetlag. I also just spent $14 on three tea bags. Holy moly....

My check in this morning:

Yesterdays thankful list could be endless: I loved waking up and receiving a yummy cappuccino in bed; going for a short run and doing a 15min exercise routine; having private medical insurance and being able to get a referral process started for my hip; eating beautifully prepared, tasty food; seeing wonderful art; spending the most wonderful day with my husband; the love and friendship of so many people; not being restrictive despite eating and drinking lots and going over the calorie limit I set myself. I am also very happy I had my sad experience yesterday, as I was not alone, could express my sadness safely and just be. That was a first.
Today, I woke up with a fuzzy head and I am regretting the amount I drank. I had considered going for a run or doing some exercise, yet my body is stiff from yesterday and I am still lazily in bed. I am sad to be leaving Max and excited about going away. I am anxious about and preoccupied with weight gain over the past few weeks (tried on a pair of trousers that didn't fit anymore yesterday). My hearts desire is to let go of the obsessiveness around body weight and shape. I don't know how and assume it will come with time. Typing about weight, my stomach tenses up, I really have a physical reaction to this topic. I am a commitment to balance. Balance between awareness and preoccupation, mindfulness and obsessiveness.

I had a lovely breakfast, intending to keep me full, so I wouldn't go ballistic on the plane.



It was demolished pretty quickly and then I was off.



The 9 hour flight got delayed by an hour, I had a glass of sparkling wine, which I now wish I didn't. Upon arriving in Seattle, I went for a much needed walk, treated myself to a huge box of Wholefoods salad bar deliciousness and just finished with a hot bath, a couple of pieces of dark chocolate and said tea.



My belly is super full and I'll go to sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment